Interested in adding a HASS Minor to your RPI accomplishments?
Declaring a minor can be a wonderful way to plan out your HASS Core or pursue an interest aside from your major. In fact, many of our HASS Pathways can lead to a HASS Minor!
You can find all the options for HASS Minors in two ways:
- Review all the Pathway options and target those that are attached to a HASS Minor. Learn more about HASS Pathways to get started!
- Use the Academic Catalog to find all possible Minors.
- Ensure you review your cohort’s requirements! Use the drop-down menu (top right) to select the year that you began at RPI (For example, Rensselaer Catalog 2023-2024). Using the wrong Catalog could result in a delayed graduation date.
- Click ‘Programs’ from the left-hand menu.
- Find the Minor you are most interested in pursuing and review the academic requirements and included notes. (The full list of Minors will be toward the bottom of the Program’s page).
Declaring a Minor at RPI:
It is recommended to complete most of your minor’s requirements before officially declaring. RPI students will typically declare their minor the semester before they intend to graduate. Even without formally declaring, you can still find support from the department and Hub associated with your Minor! We encourage you to reach out.
Ready to declare your HASS minor?
- Double-check the minor requirements in the Academic Catalog.
- Ensure you review your cohort’s requirements! Use the drop-down menu (top right) to select the year that you began at RPI (For example, Rensselaer Catalog 2023-2024).
- Complete the Minor Approval Form.
- Submit your Minor Approval Form using the webform below. The HASS Hub will then review your minor approval form and either sign off on behalf of the minor department or reach out with recommendations for revision.
Questions? Email HASSinfo@rpi.edu