This minor focuses on the nature of reasoning and formal systems, and the relations they bear on the study of mind and consciousness whether natural or artificial (artificial intelligence, AI).
To complete this minor, students must earn 16 credits.
Course topics may include:
- Philosophy, Technology, and the Human Future
- Minds and Machines
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Logic
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Cognitive Science
- Intermediate Logic
- Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence
- Computability and Logic
- Metaphysics and Consciousness
See course catalog for details