Rensselaer's GSAS program helps you acquire a comprehensive understanding of interactive digital media, a balance of disciplinary competencies, and the mastery of a self-defined set of interrelated disciplinary challenges.
As a student, you will gain an understanding of games from the broadest range of possible perspectives and play an active role in research and education in a range of disciplines.
Plus, Rensselaer is a designated New York State Center of Excellence in Digital Game Development, which works to support and grow New York state’s digital gaming sector.
For more information, visit gamehub.rpi.edu
Explore the interdisciplinary theory and practice of game design and development, including
- Game programming and software engineering
- 3D animation and digital arts
- Game audio and music composition
- Experimental game design, pushing the boundaries of the medium
- Interactive narrative and game storytelling
- Artificial intelligence in games
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Critical analysis of games, culture, and society