Incoming first-year students can declare DIS as their major. Students who are already enrolled in their first year at Rensselaer must complete a competitive application process to add a DIS major.
Current Rensselaer students:
- Submit a digital portfolio via Box (request an account for your @RPI email here).
- Contact HASS Student Services (in-person or via firstname.lastname@example.org) when you’re ready to submit your portfolio.
HASS Student Services Hub
Russell Sage Lab 4307
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street
Troy, New York 12180-3590
Applications must include:
- A letter of intent, which should explain why the applicant wishes to pursue a design, innovation, and society major. This letter should also convey an understanding of the purpose and focus of the major.
- A plan of study, which should demonstrate how the applicant will complete the degree requirements.
- An unofficial transcript showing the applicant’s coursework and grades to date.