Considering Law School?
Your undergraduate years are a time to explore many academic areas of study, perfect your learning abilities, and demonstrate expertise and experience in a particular major. If you think that you might want to pursue a career in law, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you opinionated?
- Can you articulate problems verbally and in writing so that others can understand them?
- Do you enjoy writing? Do you write well?
- Do you enjoy being an advocate?
- Can you argue both sides of a question clearly, concisely, and enthusiastically?
- Do you enjoy working through complex problems?
- Can you take criticism?
- Do you enjoy speaking out in class?
- Is precision important to you? Are you the kind of person who wants to "get things right" and doesn't mind spending time on details?
- Can you cope with ambiguity?
- Do you have a strong work ethic?
- Have you developed good research skills?
- Do you listen well?
- Do you enjoy working with people and educating them?
How Should I Prepare for Law School?
There are a lot of things to consider when thinking about applying to law school - academic preparation, cost, admissions, and more. With so many options to weigh, we thought it would be best to author a handbook for any student considering a career in law, or deciding to apply to law school!
Pre-Law Advising Hours
The HASS Student Services Hub supports students intending to apply to Law School through Pre-Law Advising Office Hours. Please feel free to utilize our drop-in hours below (no appointment necessary!) or schedule a Pre-Law Advising Appointment using the link below.
Drop-in Pre-Law Advising Hours
Wednesdays - 9am-12pm
schedule an appointment to ensure you can meet with an advisor outside of that time