Award marks first time Rensselaer has been honored at this level for a theatrical productionRead More
Emelie Hegarty ’09
Our EMAC graduates have careers across the spectrum in multimedia design. The interdisciplinary curriculum provides a strong background in communication, art, design, music, and technology that prepares them for creative positions in
- major animation studios
- video, music, and entertainment industries
- graphic design and website/mobile design companies
- advertising and marketing firms
Some graduates start their own companies and do independent consulting. The possibilities are endless!
Below is a list of some of our graduates. Click on their names to see what they're doing now and how EMAC helped them achieve their professional goals.
Emelie Hegarty ’09
Communications and Donor Relations Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity
Being an EMAC major gave me the communications background needed for my job but also provided an edge over other job candidates by having a graphic design skillset.
It took me over a year with the company to finally move into the role I wanted/fit with my major. My job title is Communications and Donor Relations Coordinator at Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County, South Carolina. I'm about to release our spring/summer newsletter. This took a lot of coordination in order to develop the articles, photographs and messaging that are all consistent with our branding and still be unique.
- Coordinate all media and PR coverage for Habitat events and activities and cultivate relationships with media personnel
- Develop advertising plans and collateral materials such as brochures, flyers, articles, monthly email blasts and quarterly newsletters to effectively market Habitat for Humanity and communicate our mission and volunteer/financial needs in the community
- Photograph events, families, and builds for print materials
- Coordinate with professional writer, designer and print company
- Create targeted mailing lists according to audience
- Manage/update website content for www.habitatgreenville.org and www.greenvillerestore.org
- Network among businesses, churches and civic groups to promote potential donor relationships
- Write grants to businesses and private foundations to fund programs of affiliate
- Maintain donor database
- Create a PR campaign involving Habitat for Humanity, Women Build and a contestant for Miss South Carolina
- Plan a Fundraising Gala