Award marks first time Rensselaer has been honored at this level for a theatrical productionRead More
John Harper ’05
Our EMAC graduates have careers across the spectrum in multimedia design. The interdisciplinary curriculum provides a strong background in communication, art, design, music, and technology that prepares them for creative positions in
- major animation studios
- video, music, and entertainment industries
- graphic design and website/mobile design companies
- advertising and marketing firms
Some graduates start their own companies and do independent consulting. The possibilities are endless!
Below is a list of some of our graduates. Click on their names to see what they're doing now and how EMAC helped them achieve their professional goals.
John Harper ’05
Associate Producer, WWE
I learned basic camera use and video editing in my classes at RPI.
Digital Storytelling (video/animation)
I'm currently an Associate Producer with WWE, traveling on the road across the country each week.
- Coordinate the production of live and pre-taped backstage TV segments for Monday Night Raw, SmackDown!, and WWE Pay-Per-Views
- Produce and interview celebrities such as Shaq, Snoop Dogg, Jeremy Piven, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Bob Barker, Carmen Elektra, and Seth Green
- Work with TV producers of HBO 24/7, Access Hollywood, and The View to create segments for their respective shows involving WWE talent
- Field produce video packages for events involving WWE talent at red carpets, TV game show sets, U. S. Stock Exchange bell ringing, NFL training camps, and magazine photo shoots
- Interview government officials, senators, mayors, governors, as well as CEOs, presidents, and vice presidents of Fortune 500 companies participating in joint community service events