Award marks first time Rensselaer has been honored at this level for a theatrical productionRead More
Kirk Duwel ’03
Our EMAC graduates have careers across the spectrum in multimedia design. The interdisciplinary curriculum provides a strong background in communication, art, design, music, and technology that prepares them for creative positions in
- major animation studios
- video, music, and entertainment industries
- graphic design and website/mobile design companies
- advertising and marketing firms
Some graduates start their own companies and do independent consulting. The possibilities are endless!
Below is a list of some of our graduates. Click on their names to see what they're doing now and how EMAC helped them achieve their professional goals.
Kirk Duwel ’03
Founder, Insight Enterprises LLC
The EMAC program gave me a solid technical skillset. I also learned my strengths and weaknesses (although it has taken some time to implement this knowledge in a meaningful way). Certain courses taught me to look at everything from different perspectives, and that the approach that is being presented might not be the best and a situation may call for a non-traditional approach.
EMAC student before concentrations were defined
Right after graduating I founded Insight Enterprises LLC which mostly is a consultancy. This grew into a full-time job developing web applications. I then moved to Colorado and taught mathematics at private school for three years. I just graduated from Columbia with an M.S. in human nutrition and will be going to medical school in August.
- Design web applications for Whipplehill Communications, the leader in website and web-application development for independent schools
- Secure funding for and build a media lab for a K-12 private school in Colorado. The lab is used to teach children many of the skills and software I learned in the EMAC program, such as desktop design, publishing, and video production.
- Develop an ambulatory artificial kidney with the artificial organs research lab at Columbia University
- Work with Healthy Schools Healthy Families, a health intervention program in elementary schools
- Member of Board of Trustees for the Colorado Council of Teachers of Mathematics